Re: Explanation Needed

On Friday 16 August 2013 11:28 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:09:12PM +0530, Kumar Gaurav wrote:
Hi Sarah,

I was just reading through xhci driver's code and found something
which i'm unable to understand use of.
Please help me understanding them

1.use of struct xhci_hcd in function xhci_readl
     function definition doesn't uses this type of argument
     static inline unsigned int xhci_readl(const struct xhci_hcd *xhci,__le32 __iomem *regs)
     {
         return readl(regs);
     }
The function used to print when registers were read, and thus needed the
xhci_hcd argument.  It's no longer used, so if you want to submit a
patch to remove that argument, I would take it.  Please look at
Documentation/SubmittingPatches if you've never submitted a Linux kernel
patch before.

Sarah Sharp
Please correct me if i'm wrong, as far as i read "*regs" points to the location of register to be read. Then what is use of xhci_hcd?

I'll be sending patch for the same.

Regards
Kumar gaurav