Re: Patch ' usb: gadget: cdc2: convert to new interface of f_ecm' applied to my tree

Hi

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:31:55PM +0200, Andrzej Pietrasiewicz wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:17 PM Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is a note to let you know that the patch:
> >
> > 	    usb: gadget: cdc2: convert to new interface of f_ecm
> >
> > has been applied to my tree and can be found at:
> >
> > 	http://bit.ly/172DRHC
> >
> > a snapshot of the tree can be downloaded from:
> >
> > 	http://bit.ly/11zcltc
> >
> > Note that it might take up to 20 minutes for kernel.org to synchronize the
> > changes to its frontend servers.
> >
> > If you have any concerns, please let me know by replying to this mail.
> >

> Hi Felipe,
>
> During testing the gadgets I discovered a strange behavior of the cdc.ko
> gadget. It turns out that what has been applied to your tree is different
> from what I have submitted.
>
> The main difference (which I suppose causes trouble) is that
> usb_get_function_instance() is called from cdc_bind()
> (which is good and intended) and then again its invocation is repeated
> in cdc_do_config (which is bad).
>
> Originally Sebastian's conversion of acm to new function interface did
> usb_get_function_instance() only in one place, cdc_do_config().
> Later on I discovered that the code is much cleaner if the following
> convention is obeyed: usb_get_function_instance() is called only from
> xxx_bind(), while usb_get_function() is called only from xxx_do_config().
>
> The patch I submitted:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg86326.html
>
> indeed follows the said convention. However, what has been applied does not.
>
> I reverted the patch in question and applied it again after making necessary
> corrections so that it is consistent with what I have submitted. After
> squashing the two a simple patch results and I'm sending it - in a separate
> mail.

Weird, I don't modify patches, just git am them. Anyway, please send me
a diff on top of my tree and I'll merge it in.

Perhaps that one failed to apply and I fixed the way I thought to be
correct. Please send a fix and I'll queue for the next -rc.

Thanks

--
balbi