Re: EHCI force full speed (chipidea ip) interrupt transfer

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 01:58:29PM +0800, Rong Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are developing an embedded product which can connect ipod and play
> its contents.
> But for some particular reason we need to force the ipod to connect at
> full-speed.
>
> Chipidea usb ip did not provide an companion HC, but it provide
> embedded TT to handle full-speed. And we found that there a patch
> provided by Alan Stern.
>
> link to the patch: http://markmail.org/message/v2ro33mydllddvtk
>
> We apply the patch (we use linux-2.6.38.8) and have successfully
> forced the controller running at full-speed only.

That's a patch from 2009, for an old, and obsolete kernel version that
us in the community really can't support at all, sorry.

Do you have the same problems on the latest kernel version?  If you are
stuck at this older version, please contact the company providing it to
you for support, as they are the best ones that can do this.

sorry,

greg k-h