Re: Hardware bug in Intel USB-2 hub?

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 02:14:04PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> If the hardware doesn't expect global suspend, that's a hardware issue.
> After all, global suspend is part of the USB-2 spec and we're talking
> about USB-2 hubs.

The response I got from the hardware team was basically: "Windows
doesn't do global suspend.  Other external USB 2.0 hubs are likely to
have issues as well."  Basically, a polite way of saying, "You're in
uncharted territory, and likely to run into more bugs."

I would really really recommend not going down the global suspend path.
I would *strongly* recommend we just revert the global suspend patches.

Sarah Sharp