Re: the mysterious device (follow up)

A note - I have also an Huawei E173 device - an indesctructible and small
device. I know huawei engineers asked Draisberghof to use a particular
switching packet, for Linux systems.
If you use the windows one, the E173 exposes a QMI interface instead of a buggy
cdc_ethernet one.
Buggy in the sense that - before using it, you should do something like:
# ifconfig wwan0 hw ether 00:01:02:03:04:05
And - yes, you need to set that exact mac, at least in my experience.

However: this device doesn't suffer from the same bug, at least in this
firmware version, that is: Revision: 31.116.30.00.11.

I tried to send the Windows switch packet - and what I had was a device with
two interfaces: one of these was handled by something (but I wasn't able to
understand what was the driver actually handling it).
the other wasn't handled by anyone - but I'm pretty sure it's not a QMI device.
Hope someone one day will investigate! :)