Re: omap4 ehci sporadic resume issue

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Michael Trimarchi
<michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 09:59:35PM +0300, Ruslan Bilovol wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Michael Trimarchi
>> <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi Roger

>> > A delay is necessary. If we apply the errata to the port before a delay the errata
>> > doesn't work.
>> >
>> > /* Use internal 60Mhz clock ULPIBx */
>> > temp_reg = omap_readl(L3INIT_HSUSBHOST_CLKCTRL);
>> > temp_reg |= 1 << (8 + port);
>> > temp_reg &= ~(1 << (24 + port));
>> > omap_writel(temp_reg, L3INIT_HSUSBHOST_CLKCTRL);
>> >
>> > /* Wait 2ms to have transceiver transaction */
>> > mdelay(2);
>> >
>> > /* Use external clock ULPIBx */
>> > temp_reg &= ~(1 << (8 + port));
>> > temp_reg |= 1 << (24 + port);
>> > omap_writel(temp_reg, L3INIT_HSUSBHOST_CLKCTRL);
>> >
>> > Now it's not clear to me what happen if I apply this clock too early (transeceiver still
>> > driver the clock) or too late. Any clue?
>>
>> We need to wait 3ms for entire USB bus to go into suspend after
>> setting the PORT_SUSPEND bit. During this time, internal OMAP EHCI logic
>> will communicate with PHY so it is not safe to switch the clocks to
>> internal source.
>> That's why with 2ms delay it fails. 4ms delay (3ms + 1ms for safety)
>> is enough here
>> and is successfully used last few years for production devices.
>
> Well this mdelay is the switch of the clock and not the delay after
> PORT_SUSPEND. So after writing PORT_SUSPEND I need to wait
> 4ms and then in 2ms you have a lot of clock to reach the 18 count. Correct?

Yes, sorry for confusing :)
Moreover, 2ms is more than enough, errata document says about 1ms delay
(and probably may be decreased up to few useconds)

> Anyway I understand, but why both hub connected to the smsc3320 move from
> HS to FS? So it's not important if there is a drift of delay but it must
> be >= 4ms. Correct?
>
> The code works if I just use one port or remove one hub ;)
>
> Now the code is like this:
>
> temp &= ~(PORT_WKCONN_E | PORT_RWC_BITS);
> temp |= PORT_WKDISC_E | PORT_WKOC_E;
> ehci_writel(ehci, temp | PORT_SUSPEND, status_reg);
>
> mdelay(4);
> omap_ehci_erratum_i693(ehci, ((wIndex & 0xff) - 1));
>
> The code of the function is up on this email.

Do you have locks around this software workaround?
The patch I did against 3.4 linux kernel may be helpful for
you in such case: http://review.omapzoom.org/28515
Another patch extends this WA for all OMAP4 SoCs:
http://review.omapzoom.org/31108

Regards
Ruslan