Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, victor yeo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> The hardware handles Set Address request, and i can see the address of
> >> the USB gadget being shown in Windows host. Here i attach the gadget
> >> driver log for the "Device Descriptor Test - Addressed State". The
> >> test just failed after Get Configuration request.
> >
> > I can't tell what's wrong.  You will have to use a USB bus analyzer.

Another possibility is to set up a virtual Windows system inside your
Linux host.  Then try running the USB CV program on the virtual
machine, and use usbmon on the host system to capture the USB traffic.

I don't know if that will work, but it might.

> Ok. Today i tested the same mass storage gadget driver on Lenovo x100e
> Ubuntu. There is a strange problem. After SCSI_READ_10 command data is
> returned to the Ubuntu host. The gadget driver says:
>
> g_file_storage gadget: reset config
> g_file_storage gadget: reset interface
>
> Then the same process to get descriptors and receive SCSI commands are
> repeated. Is the SCSI_READ_10 command or something else causing the
> problem? Please see the attached gadget driver log.

Perhaps you will recognize this answer (I have sent it several times
before): I can't tell what is happening without seeing _both_ the log
file on the gadget _and_ the usbmon trace on the host.

Alan Stern