Re: Fwd: request some hep for usb comminucation

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 01:01:15AM +0430, Mahdi Razavi wrote:
> Hi
> I am mahdi.
> i want to communicate with a radio over USB. creator of this radio
> only support windows driver for communicate, but i want to have
> connection in Linux.

What device is this exactly?  What is the output of 'lsusb -v' with it
plugged in?

> i have a SDK for windows and protocol specification of this device and
> do some sniffing USB port on connection in windows.
> may you help me how to have connection with this device in Linux?
> or how can i write a driver for this device in Linux?

What type of interface to userspace do you need for this device?  Can it
be a "dumb" serial-like interface that you send it AT modem commands?
Or do you need to do other stuff with it?

What about just using libusb to talk directly to it from your program
from userspace, no kernel driver is needed for that.

thanks,

greg k-h