Phy and gpio_vbus breakage in 3.9

Hi guys,

I tried the 3.9 kernel and on bootup sequence I have a panic.
I don't have a serial console available without USB, so no direct logs can be
provided.

What I have is the line where the breakage happens :
drivers/usb/otg.c:133
	if (IS_ERR(phy) || !try_module_get(phy->dev->driver->owner)) {

Here in my config I have this config :
 - one phy : gpio_vbus.c
 - one UDC controller : pxa27x_udc.c

The backtrace I see on the phone's screen is something like :
 - do_one_initcall
     udc_init
       platform_driver_probe
         platform_driver_register
           driver_register
             bus_add_driver
               driver_attach
                 bus_for_each_dev
                   __driver_attach
                     driver_probe_device
                       platform_drv_probe
                         pxa_udc_probe
                           usb_get_phy
... here my screen has scrolled over ...

I don't know what happens and it is extermely painfull for me to debug (no
console, no keyboard, could be barely worse), so I hope one of you will have an
idea.
I had a quick glance, and I didn't see in gpio_vbus.c phy->dev populated
... that might be the origin of the panic ... or not.

Cheers.

--
Robert