Re: TTY Closing Problem

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 02:36:05PM -0400, Dan Therrien wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> I was wondering with all the patches you submitted to help me narrow
> down my problem.
>
> I believe it is a TTY problem but I don't know how to proceed further.
>
> Here is my problem it starts after the 3.7 kernel up until now.

So 3.7 has the problem but 3.6 does not? Could you do a git bisect on
v3.6..v3.7?

> if I use the sierra wireless driver and plug in a usb modem all is
> detected fine from ttyUSB0-4 now if I issue a command on the main AT
> port it returns info but as soon as it tries to exit it hangs the
> modem and the program in this case gcom.

Can you still access the machine? Do you see anything suspicious in the
syslogs?

> I believe that after the command is issued it doesn't shutdown the
> port correctly.
>
> In this case all the ports do the same thing. On port ttyUSB0 if I
> issue an ati5 it returns OK and hangs.
>
> Do you know the cause? Or do you require further info?

Could you provide logs from when plugging in the device until it hangs
while running with debugging enabled, e.g. on 3.7:

	modprobe usbserial debug=1
	modprobe sierra debug=1

Thanks,
Johan