Re: Cannot open two tyyACMs at a time when using 2514b USB hub

Hi Matthijs,

> What driver does the USB controller in your TI board use?

The driver used by the USB controller is MUSB_HDRC.

> This problem sounds familiar to a problem I have observed in an Ralink
> RT3052 board, which uses the dwc_otg / dwc2 driver. Here, the problem
> was that the host controller offers four "host channels" to communicate
> with different device endpoints, but ttyUSBx interfaces which did not
> have any data to send would keep such a host channel occupied. Having
> two host channels occupied by these IN endpoints, one for the interrupt
> endpoint of the 3G device and one for the interrupt endpoint of the hub,
> occupies all four, making outgoing transfers block and timeout.

So does this mean that having only 4 TX and RX endpoints available in the
host controller means that you can only ever have 4 USB devices plugged in
at once?
Doesn’t the USB specification say you should be able to run up to 127
devices (including hubs) concurrently on one USB port?

> Perhaps you're seeing the same issue?

It is very possible that I have the same problem. The actual error I get
when trying to connect multiple ttyACMx ports is:

tty_port_close_start: tty->count = 1 port count = 0.
Open_port: Unable to open  /dev/ttyACM3: Input/output error

It seems like you managed to resolve the issue. If so, then could you please
explain how you managed to do it.

Really appreciate your help.
Kind Regards
Arshad