FTDI FT2232C issue

I'm making a burn-in test (see serialtest.py
http://pastebin.com/pz47gaar) for our devices, that have built-in FTDI
chips. If FT2232C is attached directly to the USB host controller
port, the tests run properly. If I connect the chip to a USB-hub some
of the tests show timeout errors (read() routine). On the newer host
with USB3.0 this issue occurs on all USB ports where I attach FT2232C.
I tried kernels 3.2, 3.5 and 3.8.

The test procedure opens two ports, exchanges data and closes ports.
If I don't open/close ports I don't encounter this issue.

The FT4232H has no problems whether I attach it to USB HC or via HUB.
Any idea how to workaround the problem?

To reproduce the issue install python-serial package and execute the
test as super user:

serialtest.py -n 100 /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB1

at the end of 100 cycles you'll be notified, if errors occurred.

Best regards,
Yegor