Re: Reboot/shutdown failure due to "USB: EHCI: work around silicon bug in Intel's EHCI"

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Stephen Warren wrote:

> Alan,
>
> In v3.9-rc3, I find that "reboot" and "shutdown" hang on Tegra. I
> bisected it to commit 6402c79 "USB: EHCI: work around silicon bug in
> Intel's EHCI controllers", and confirmed that running v3.9-rc3 with just
> that one patch reverted does solve the problem.
>
> Do you have any idea what the problem might be, or is there anything I
> can do to help debug this? Thanks.

Is there any way to find out where the hangup occurs?  For example, can
you get anything from Alt-SysRq-W?

Failing that, can you put some printk statements in
drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.c, in the ehci_halt(),
ehci_silence_controller(), and ehci_shutdown() routines?  (Although I
suspect this may not help because the hangup occurs somewhere else...)

Alan Stern