Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) causing crashes

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Code for a CSR bluetooth chipset appears broken in recent kernel releases. After a device is paired the kernel panics. This has been tested with a dozen USB dongles / systems and is consistently a problem. On the rare occasion it might not cause a kernel panic although it will definitely still crash after a few minutes. This does not happen with older kernel releases.

Please let me know how I can help solve this issue. We have lots of dongles and can try and get any information needed to fix it.

Thank you