Re: PROBLEM: since linux kernel 3.8 Apple Cinema Display's usb hub spits errors randomly at boot.

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013, Jenya Y wrote:

> On 03/07/2013 09:16 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
> > It isn't. What _would_ be helpful is if you do what I suggested
> > earlier: Build a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled and post the
> > output from the dmesg command showing what happens during boot. Alan
> > Stern
>
> I recompiled the kernel CONFIG_USB_DEBUG flag and here is the output of
> the dmesg.

Okay, this is good.

It looks like your .config has CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y and
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=y, right?  And it also has CONFIG_USB_EHCI_PCI=m.

That's why you're getting all those error messages.  Change it to
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_PCI=y and the errors should go away.

Alan Stern