Re: About USBADRA bit at DEVICEADDR for chipidea driver

Alexander Shishkin a écrit :
> Peter Chen <peter.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hi David
>
> Hi,
>
>> I notice at your code for hw_usb_set_address, there is a comment for it
>> /**
>>  * This function explicitly sets the address, without the "USBADRA" (advance)
>>  * feature, which is not supported by older versions of the controller.
>>  */
>
> That's mine. David's original driver did use USBADRA. I removed it
> because it's not supported by some versions of chipidea, for example the
> one that Marvell integrated in their kirkwood SoCs.
>
>> If we use USB3.0 host for CV test, we must use this bit, or the host
>> may send GET_DESCRIPTOR before the controller set address.
>
> That's because we don't have the state machine for ep0 currently,
> USBADRA has nothing to do with it.
>
>> My question is how can we know if the chipidea controller supports
>> USBADRA feature or not?
>
> We probably can figure it out, but in the end it just adds more
> complication.

My spec say there is identification register before capability register (ID
offset 0).
I don't know if it is present on all core and if may be used to detect register
modification

Searching for DEF_CAPOFFSET, seem to sugest not every IP have this register.

Matthieu