Re: Fwd: PROBLEM: since linux kernel 3.8 Apple Cinema Display's usb hub spits errors randomly at boot.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Jenya Y wrote:

> // sorry for double-post I was advised to use 'reply to all' and wasn't
> sure if the prev. message was forwarded to linux-usb
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>   I'd be bold enough to categorize this as a problem, since the usb hub
> doesn't work.
> It could be 'expected' if it were a RC  version of the kernel but the
> problem exists since the version 3.8
> (don't want to go back because previous versions had problems with my
> intuos tablet)
>
> Should I be investigating this issue myself? Since the hub is working
> correctly with previous kernels, I assume that the updated kernel module
> is to blame not the hub.
>

> Here is addiotional info, not sure if that's useful....

It isn't.  What _would_ be helpful is if you do what I suggested
earlier: Build a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled and post the
output from the dmesg command showing what happens during boot.

Alan Stern