usbip-utils USBIP_VERSION

Hi.
I was trying to bring together Linux & Windows usbip and faced a problem with currently published on SourceForge windows driver and tools. usbip.exe -l <host> is saying:
usbip err: ... (usbip_recv_op_common) recv op_common, -1
Debugging and tcpdumping showed that problem lies in that Windows side thinks it speaks 0x0106 version of the protocol and Linux side think it is 0x0111. Git tree of Linux shows that its define in drivers/staging/usbip/userspace/configure.ac USBIP_VERSION was changing 0x0106 -> 0x0100 -> 0x0111 without obvious (to me at least) reasons. So Linux-side rejects connections because of protocol mistmatch. Currently, I have recompiled usbip-utils on Linux system with fixed version and it became speaking to Windows now. But I have not tested devices yet. I think this should be fixed somehow in usbip-utils - by downgrading version, or accepting other compatible versions.

--
Alexander Zubkov