Re: Continuous stream of small bulk transfers hangs on OHCI-based systems

On 02/02/2013 09:01 AM, Alan Stern wrote:
Reports like this should always be sent to the mailing list as well as
to me.  And please instruct your mail client to wrap lines after 72
columns or so -- long lines are hard to deal with.

Understood.

What version of the kernel are you using?

The previous output was from a 3.3.8 kernel w/ commit 50ce5c0683aa83eb161624ea89daa5a9eee0c2ce applied.

You should build a test kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled.  When the
problem occurs, post the output from the "dmesg" command -- not the
contents of the system log file.

I have already enabled CONFIG_USB_DEBUG, as well as a large number of other debug options attempting to get something more than the previous back-trace. I have also enabled CONFIG_OHCI_VERBOSE_DEBUG (overkill?) on a few systems in hopes that something useful would be made more self-evident.

This is useless.  We need to see what happens when the problem occurs,
not 2 minutes later.

Unfortunately the previous back-trace is the only data that shows up. Even with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG there isn't anything actively arriving in the kernel log buffer as reported by dmesg.