Re: UAS questions

On 01/27/2013 04:55 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 02:54:53PM +0200, Vlad Silman wrote:
>> I have a few questions regarding Linux UAS host-side and
>> device-side drivers. I've seen that Linux UAS host driver
>> supports the task management commands as defined by T10 UAS spec,
>> such as ABORT TASK and LOGICAL UNIT RESET. I'm trying to work
>> with Thermaltake BlacX dock that doesn't support these commands
>> and it doesn't work with Linux UAS host driver.
>>
>> I've also seen that Linux UAS device-side driver
>> (tcm_usb_gadget.c) doesn't currently support task management
>> commands.
>>
>> My questions are – how the UAS device-side driver was tested? If
>> it
>
> with the Linux Host and dummy_hcd.

I had it also running on musb against WinXP where the BOT part was
tested.

>> was tested with the Linux host, did it work despite the fact it
>> doesn't support task management commands? Is there a plan to add
>> task
>
> yes.
>
>> management commands support to in the near future? Is task
>> management
>
> not so far, but patches are welcome.
>
>> commands support by UAS device mandatory?
>
> Can't answer this. Sebastian, do you know if those are mandatory ?

I would say so. The specification does not explicit say this but it
also does not say that we can ignore this. By the time I wrote it I had
only Linux host as the counter part for UAS and it did not support task
management at that point so I did not add untested code. I added
support for the other UI so task management commands is the only piece
missing in terms of spec complete.
It should not be that hard to add support for this because you just
need to receive that command, extract it from the URB and forward it to
the target backend which handles everything that is protocol specific :)

Sebastian