Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

Hi,

> For testing purposes, you probably should use a Linux host.  Then you
> could use usbmon on the host to see what's happening, and there would
> be more debugging options available.

Got it, i will get a PC to install Linux.

>> > Did you enable the two debugging options in file_storage.c?  And did
>> > you remember to enable CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DEBUG in the kernel
>> > configuration?  What shows up in the dmesg log?
>>
>> Yes, i enable the CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DEBUG and the VERBOSE_DEBUG and
>> DUMP_MSGS in file_storage.c. In dmesg log, there are lot of entries
>> recorded during usb gadget enumeration with host PC. After gadget
>> receives "get MAX LUN", the enumeration process gets repeated. Is this
>> the problem?? Please see the dmesg log below.
>
> This log looks oddly incomplete.  A lot of debugging messages are
> missing.
>
>> g_file_storage gadget: ep0-setup, length 8:
>> 00000000: 80 06 00 01 00 00 40 00
>> g_file_storage gadget: get device descriptor
>
> For example, right here we should see the device descriptor data that
> was sent back to the host.

I checked the log again, the dmesg log did not contain that info. May
i know which part of the gadget code will print out the device
descriptor data that was sent back to the host?

> Where does the enumeration repeat?  I don't see any repeats here, aside
> from the fact that Windows asks for the same device and config
> descriptors a few times.

Why is the Windows asking for the same device and config descriptors
several times?

Thanks,
victor