Re: usb serial driver: private data already deallocated when release function is called

I added an addition port_probe, and port_remove function that do nothing but a
"return 0". The bahavior is unchanged. The private data is already deallocated
once the release function is called

Now, i have 2 follow up questions:
1) When I load and unload the kernel model, I get an error message Device
'usbrsatest' does not have a release() function, it is broken and must be fixed.
I have a release function. What does this message tries to tell me ? I do have a
release function.

2) In the meanwhile, the dynamic debug feature was introduced. I left dev_dbg-
messages in my module functions, and set the CONFIG_DYNCAMIC_DEBUG flag. And I
issued  a command to enable all debug statements ( echo "file usbrsatest.c +p" >
/sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control). I would now expect to see my dev_dbg
statments in the syslog. I do not find any message in the system log or using
dmesg. Am i looking into the wrong files ?

Thanks
Tilman