Re: Is it possible to load usb gadget mass storage driver as module(.ko)

On 12/31/2012 07:36 AM, Greg KH wrote:
i am using cypress mass storage driver (in path
/drivers/staging/westbridge/ben../gadget/cywbgadget.c  )

That driver is very strange, and I don't even know if it works or not.
You should contact the authors of it for any help you need with it, as
no one else that I know of can even build that code, let alone run it.

I converted the driver in d8bfbf6e ("staging/westbridge: convert
cyasgadget to new udc core") and did a compile test.

It's also marked to be removed from the kernel source tree in a release
or so, so if you are using it, please work with the developers to get it
cleaned up and moved to the proper location in the kernel source tree
(out of drivers/staging/) so that the whole community can help out with
it.

My patch has been applied and the removal of westbridge has been
applied later in 78f23926dff9 ("Staging: delete westbridge code"). Both patches appeared for the first time in v3.1-rc1. So I guess the best
thing to do (if someone plans to work on this) would be to get git and
revert the removal commit.

thanks,

greg k-h

Sebastian