Re: 3.4.4: disabling irq

On 2013-01-02 16:55, Alan Stern wrote:
> I don't understand.  How can there be nothing more?  Above you showed
> an "irq 18: nobody cared" message that appeared at 8:51 on Jan 1.  It
> certainly ought to be in the dmesg log as of 9:00.

dmesg can only hold a certain amount of data.
The pwc errors take a lot of space per second.

> Also, I asked you to turn on CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME.  Without that, there's
> no way for me to tell when those IRQ: messages appear in relation to
> the "nobody cared".

I did not reboot yet but I'll see if I can add the PRINTK option.

> In the end, this comes down to two possibilities.  Either the OHCI
> controller is malfunctioning

Seen on two mainboards. This one is quite new.

> or else some other piece of
> hardware/software is.

Can it be the webcam?
I can interchange it with another one of same type.

> I suppose you could try unplugging all your low-speed and full-speed
> devices from the OHCI controller.  (Get a high-speed hub and plug them
> into it instead.)  Then the controller hardware should be totally
> quiescent.  If the unwanted IRQs still occur then it seems likely that
> the controller is not the cause -- although this isn't an airtight
> proof.

I'll see if I can find a hub.

Udo