Re: Remove CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND?

Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 03:24:34PM +0100, Martin Mokrejs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I just subscribed to the linux-usb list as an occasional user  ...
>> I glanced through this thread backwards ... and am somehow surprised
>> nobody objects. I am no expert but it is my impression a lot of us
>> want CPU powersaving, maybe LCD powersaving and don't care about
>> external USB devices. It is only causing a hassle if the mouse goes
>> sleep every 2 seconds or first keyboard keystroke goes away because
>> it just woke up the keyboard. Even worse if a usb-storage device goes
>> sleep and kernel chokes on subsequent file access. Sure, it is because
>> of broken devices, firmware, sometimes linux ...
>
> Do you currently have this problem with your devices?  Which ones are
> they, as we need to know in order to get this fixed.

Oh, thanks but luckily not. The missed first keystroke was about 3.2/3.3 series
and I know I was not the only one. I don't have the problem now, with recent
kernels. And the mouse going sleep ... I think it is my ignorance to configure
kernel on the fly, or use the laptop-mode-tools to do it. I just haven't
settled on a single power management tool. cpufreutils is now obsolete,
I have some issues with laptop-mode-tools ... but, no, no kernel bug to report
at the moment. Don't worry. ;-) I believe I can prevent mouse falling a sleep
once I find where do I have to send the echo with it's USB ID if I don't go
the laptop-mode-tools direction. But it is only an issue for me when on battery,
so not urgent.

Martin