Re: [Suggestion] drivers/usb/host/ohci* : not setting urb->hcpriv = NULL after kfree it.

于 2012年12月16日 01:04, Alan Stern 写道:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2012, Chen Gang wrote:
>
>> > Hello Alan Stern:
>> >
>> >   in drivers/usb/host/ohci-q.c, function finish_urb:
>> >     when we finish call urb_free_priv, we not set urb->hcpriv = NULL (line 46)
>> >     urb_free_priv call kfree for urb_priv (which is urb->hcpriv, line 29)
>> >     within finish_urb, we not set urb->hcpriv = NULL (line 43..81)
>> >
>> >   in drivers/usb/host/ohci-hdc.c, function ohci_urb_dequeue:
>> >     it judges urb->hcpriv == NULL to decide whether call finish_urb (line 317..322)
>> >     within ohci_urb_dequeue, we not set urb->hcpriv = NULL (line 321..326)
>> >     another functions (finish_unlinks, takeback_td...), can call finish_urb, too.
>> >       they do not set urb->hcpriv = NULL, either.
>> >       they do not judge urb->hcpriv == NULL before calling finish_urb.
>> >
>> >   although I can not say it is surely a bug.
> It isn't.  ohci_urb_dequeue calls usb_hcd_check_unlink_urb before
> looking at urb->hcpriv.  If urb_free_priv has been called already then
> usb_hcd_check_unlink_urb will return a non-zero value.  This is because
> finish_urb calls usb_hcd_unlink_urb_from_ep.

  for ohci_urb_dequeue, it is surely as what you said above.
  can you be sure that another (finish_unlinks, takeback_td...) also consider it ?
  it seems we have already considered, but I am not quite sure
    (since we already agree to sending a patch, it is not necessary to reply).

> Also, don't forget that the first think usb_hcd_giveback_urb does is
> set urb->hcpriv to NULL.

  in finish_urb:
    when call usb_hcd_giveback_urb, need unlock firstly (lock again, after finish).
    kfree urb->hcpriv in lock protected, but set it NULL out of lock protected.
      (at least, it seems not a good idea)
      (since we already agree to sending a patch, it is not necessary to reply).

>> >   I still suggest:
>> >     in finish_urb, set urb->hcpriv = NULL, after finish calling urb_free_priv.
>> >     in urb_free_priv, better to judge whether urb_priv == NULL, firstly.
> If you want to send in a patch to do this, go ahead.

  ok, I will send (although it may be not a bug, better to do it)

  excuse me, please wait for some days (I should construct environments for test it).

  thanks.

--
Chen Gang

Asianux Corporation