Re: [Suggestion] drivers/usb/host/uhci* : sprintf, need check len when use buf

于 2012年12月14日 23:46, Alan Stern 写道:

> The easiest fix is to increase MAX_OUTPUT.  Can you figure out how
> large it needs to be?

  for me, it seems only increasing MAX_OUTPUT is not a good idea.

  maybe we can reference usb_device_dump:
    it processes the same thing in a simple way.
    it is in drivers/usb/core/devices.c
      function usb_device_dump calls function usb_dump_desc
      and function usb_dump_desc calls another dump functions.
      usb_device_dump also has to recuse call itself to process a tree.

> I'm not concerned with making this code absolutely 100% reliable.  It
> is used only for debugging; in almost all kernel builds it will not be
> compiled.

  if it is useless:
    I suggest to delete it (which is better that fix it)
  else
    we need be sure that it is correct (or it can cause issue).

  I feel:
    we provide 20% can finish 80%.
    but the left 20%, need us to provide 80%.
    if we are focus on quality, we have to provide 80% for the left 20%.

gchen

> Alan Stern
>
> --

Chen Gang