Re: MUSB-HDRC Gadget driving VBUS inappropriately

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Ian Coolidge <iancoolidge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> we find that with about a 2% chance, the gadget comes up in some kind of firmware failed state, driving VBUS.
> In this condition, we found that MUSB_DEVCTL_SESSION bit was set.
> I understand this to be indicative of MUSB thinking it is in host mode, which agrees with the driven VBUS.
> Further, in this state, I found that usually, there was one interrupt from twl4030_usb, but NO interrupts from musb-hdrc.

I'm also also often seeing this and don't know any workaround except
powercycling the board :(
This was kind or relieved for me after I changed it to deinit musb on
shutdown/reset (3.3 should have that patch merged), however if you
randomly reset the board, there is still something like 30-50% chance
musb will come up dead, and on proper reset it's still something like
5% chance like you reported.

--
Gražvydas