Re: usb bus monitoring

Peter Stuge <peter@...> writes:

> Tilman wrote:

> What device is that? Is it a Cypress FX2 or an SiLabs C8051?
ezusb (Cypress AN2131)

> > The urb eventually times out. Via debug FS I can see that the urb is
> > indeed submitted. I suspect the firmware to be responsible for this.
>
> That's quite likely.
.. on the other hand, I do not see an obvious mistake when intializing the USB
core of the  AN2131 :-)

> > I would like to exclude the linux test driver owever,
>
> That doesn't make a lot of sense - if you take the driver away then
> there is nothing that will talk to your device, so there will be no
> traffic.
I did not mean to take the driver away -- I would like to exclude it as error
source, i.e. I understand that debugfs taps the communication between the device
driver and the queue of the usb subsystem. It does not give me certainty that
the urb ever made it to the usb wire.

Tilman