Re: Expose port sequence in the xhci extended capabilities table to usb core.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 04:42:23PM +0800, Lan Tianyu wrote:
> Hi Alan&Greg:
> 	We meet a problem that bind usb3.0 port(supper-speed port) with ACPI.
> The main problem is that the port index num of ss port in the usb ocre
> is mismatched with its counterpart in the ACPI table.

Why do you care that the numbers don't match, you shouldn't ever be
relying on these numbers for anything "real" anyway.  What do you need
them for?

> 	The xhci usb3.0 root hub port's index num is based on 0 in the usb
> core(xhci's usb3.0 and usb2.0 hub are separate usb device in the usb
> core). But in the ACPI table, it is based on the the port num of xhci
> usb2.0 port num. Following is the ACPI table code, _ADR is the port
> index num. The ss ports start from 0x0F. Just follow the high-speed port
> num. This sequence is matched with ports' sequence in the xhci extended
> capabilities table. So we have a idea that add a new callback of "struct
> hc_driver" to convert the port index num to the one of hc's extended
> capabilities table.

Why would you need this?  What are you trying to solve here that this
matters?

thanks,

greg k-h