Fwd: SANE-SENSE Support in scsi usb transport

Feature to truncate user sense buffer was added in the following patch:
"http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=123135651222832";

There is a possibility of user application misinterpreting it as a
driver bug as scsi standard or SAT spec do not mention this behavior.

I would like to ask the experts about the advantages of this feature
for user level applications? If user buffer is capable of holding
complete buffer as returned by device, why can't we just fill the
complete buffer as it is instead of truncating the buffer length?

--
Regards,
Raviraj Bhat