Re: [RFC v2] usb/gadget: the start of the configfs interface

On 11/30/2012 05:04 PM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
Hi,
Hi,

# echo acm.2,obex.3,msc>	\
   /sys/kernel/config/usb_gadget/dwc3.0/gadget0/config0/functions

# echo ffs,sourcesink>	\
   /sys/kernel/config/usb_gadget/dwc3.0/gadget0/config1/functions

what is wrong with having the functions within a function folder
configuration? I may things to change like MAC addr or lun or what
ever. I wouldn't let them pop all in one folder. Therefore I suggest to
mkdir the functions.

how do you see interfaces showing up in configfs ? How have you thought
about it ?

/sys/.../usb_gadget/udcs/dwc3.0/config0/f_mass_storage/intf[01] ???

Yes, something like this I think. But I am not that far so other /
better opinions are welcome :)

except for the explicit functions file, I would put directory names for
it. And I would put the explicit interface folder below the function so
we know where it belongs.

I see. The problem I have with that is that it's not a USB thing. I'd
like to have our configfs interface to mimic the structure of our
descriptors as much as possible, so it's easy to correlate.

I want to avoid everything in one directory so it is "sorted" and you
know which descriptors belongs to which function. Not sure if sticking
to the USB spec in regard to everything is smart.
However, what about a symlink pointing to the interface?

Sebastian