Re: how to introduce uevent/Udev in the driver.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 06:00:17PM +0530, chetan cr123 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on Android 4.0, Kernel Version 3.0.8
>> I am working on USB mass storage driver.
>
> What is wrong with the existing USB mass storage driver we have in the
> kernel already?  Why do you need to write a new one?

I am not using the existing driver. I am using cypress USB 3.0 mass
storage driver.

And another issue i am facing is i am loading my usb 3.0
driver(present in /drivers/staging/westbridge/ ) as module i.e *.ko.
when i do this i am getting the build error like
usb_gadget_register_driver() is already exported in vmlinix/ or
uimage.
how do i get rid of this error. Kindly help me.

>> I Right now i am not able to get any uevents or Udev events in my
>> driver when i plug or unplug the USB.
>
> Driver's don't get uevents.
> The kindly let me know what gets the uevents. should i add some code in my driver file to get uevents from Apps
>> Kindly guide me to get the uevents or introduce UDEV in my driver file
>> so that i get the events every time i plug or unplug the device.
>>
>> Once i get the uevents i need pass the uevents to application/UI and
>> pass the control to switch from block driver to usb mass storage
>> driver
>
> What is wrong with the existing framework that Android provides for this
> type of thing?  Doesn't that work properly?

existing android frame works is not working properly with my usb 3.0
mass storage driver.