Re: USB 2.0: No giveback comes for one submitted URB

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vivek and Amit, are you two copies of the same person?
No . Actually vivek's post to linux-usb forum failed . so i ended up
posting for him.
sorry for inconvinience .

>>  As urb processing is complete by the
>> time urb->complete()
>> is called , I think urb->use_count should be decremented first
>> followed by urb completion handler call as below :-
>
> This is wrong.  Processing continues during urb->complete, which may
> even resubmit the URB.

but completion handler is called when urb is completed . Also with
resubmit of URB new usb i/o will take place implying previous usb i/o
is already completed . i am still not clear with the need to decrement
urb->use_count
after completion handler . can u please let us know a bit more
regarding urb->use_count usage .

Also In usb.h comments for urb->use_count are "/* concurrent
submissions counter */ " .
does usbcore allows for concurrent submission of same urb ?

> Now, maybe your problem is that somehow urb->reject is getting set to 0
> at the wrong time.  You should check its value as well as the value of> urb->use_count.
Thanks for pointers . we will definately look into both fields values .

Regards
Amit Nagal