Re: USB audio device

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Oliver Neukum <oliver@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB Controller, rev a3
>
> Known problematic controller:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg07227.html

Well, that's a heck of a thread.  Skimmed through it, and never found
anything that I would have searched for, so thanks for replying.

Interesting description/solution.  Remembered the digital camera my
wife uses produces similar response, so I assume it's the same
problem.  As someone who knows nothing about hardware drivers, it's
surprising your patch doesn't actually mention the chipset(s) or the
device I was connecting!

So about the patch--
--Still testing, or accepted?  Is there some place to follow to know
when the patch becomes part of the standard kernel?
--If you're still testing, I *might* find some time, but it's been
ages since I've compiled a kernel.  Used to run Gentoo, so I compiled
quite a few times then, but running an ubuntu now, and don't know what
would be involved in setting up/applying the patch/compiling.  Do you
know of a wiki or howto?

thanks again,

Jim