USB HID Device only reporting first keystroke

I have a eDIO USB Multi Remote Controller( a Infrared Reciever)

I am trying to connect the Remote COntroller  so that it recieves the
keystrokes sent by the remote.

The controller is detected as a HID device. Here are the details from
the lsusb -v command

    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 147a:e001 Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.
    Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength                18
    bDescriptorType         1
    bcdUSB               1.10
    bDeviceSubClass         0
    bDeviceProtocol         0
    bMaxPacketSize0         8
    idVendor           0x147a Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.
    idProduct          0xe001
    bcdDevice            1.22
    iManufacturer           1
    iProduct                2
    iSerial                 0
    bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
   bLength                 9
   bDescriptorType         2
   wTotalLength           34
   bNumInterfaces          1
   bConfigurationValue     1
   iConfiguration          4
   bmAttributes         0xa0
   (Bus Powered)
   Remote Wakeup
   MaxPower              300mA
   Interface Descriptor:
  bLength                 9
  bDescriptorType         4
  bInterfaceNumber        0
  bAlternateSetting       0
  bNumEndpoints           1
  bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
  bInterfaceSubClass      1 Boot Interface Subclass
  bInterfaceProtocol      2 Mouse
  iInterface              0
    HID Device Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType        33
      bcdHID               1.10
      bCountryCode            0 Not supported
      bNumDescriptors         1
      bDescriptorType        34 Report
      wDescriptorLength      20
     Report Descriptors:
       ** UNAVAILABLE **
  Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength                 7
    bDescriptorType         5
    bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes            3
      Transfer Type            Interrupt
      Synch Type               None
      Usage Type               Data
    wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes
    bInterval              10

I can also the device in the dev folder with an event created

    pi@raspberrypi /dev/input/by-id $ dir
    usb-Cypress_Semiconductor_eDio_USB_Multi_Remote_Controlle-event-if00
The event handler associated with it is as follows as seen from the
following command.

pi@raspberrypi /proc/bus/input $ cat devices
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=147a Product=e001 Version=0110
N: Name="Cypress Semiconductor eDio USB Multi Remote Controlle"
P: Phys=usb-bcm2708_usb-1.2/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/bcm2708_usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.0/input/input2
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event0
B: PROP=0
B: EV=1
The problem is when I am trying to read the output from the event
handler created for the device.The first keystroke is registered but
the subsequent key strokes are not displayed by the CAT command.

 pi@raspberrypi /dev/input $ cat event0 | xxd
 0000000: e007 9450 9476 0900 0000 0000 0000 0000  ...P.v..........

Please suggest me what can I do to get the device working. Pressing
any keys after the first keystroke doesn't return anything unless the
device is replugged.

Please suggest what needs to be done to fix the issue.