Measuring USB "packet loss"

Hello,

Background:  I'm running an experiment that is sensitive to USB
latency of a few milliseconds.  During a typical overnight run I
encounter a handful such "high latency events" and I am trying to
understand why they happen.  If you can recommend kernel
settings/hacks that will decrease USB latency, please share!

===

Question:  How can I retrieve a count of USB transmissions that failed
or were retransmitted (similar to ifconfig on ethernet)?  I am using
bulk transfers.

If you do not answer this question, can you instead recommend
documentation that will shed light on the subject?  Can you recommend
somewhere else for me to ask this question?

Thank you!

Chris