Re: problem with Roseweil eusb3 enclosure

On Fri, Nov 02, 2012 at 02:30:27PM -0400, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Well, this kernel is much less verbose, even though the log level is the
> same, but here is what I have in the kernel log, but I think its the
> same.  I will attach my .config and tell me if anything I need to change
> to fix the verbosity.

Can you try increasing CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT to 21?  That will increase
your log buffer size, which may allow me to see the early boot sequence.
I think it might also help if you wait a little ways into the boot
(maybe half way, if it takes 30 seconds or so to boot?) and then
disconnect the drive.

Your host is acting very odd, so I'd like to see how it go into this
state.  At one point, it reports that the port link state is RxDetect,
and the connect change bit and current connect bits are set.  But the
xHCI specification (at least the 1.0 spec) doesn't have this as a legal
port state.  Whenever the link is in RxDetect, the current connect bit
is supposed to be cleared.

On top of rerunning with CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT increased, can you send me
the lspci output for your host controller?  I'd like to make sure I'm
looking at the right spec (1.0 vs 0.96).

Sarah Sharp