Re: (BUG) qmi-wwan bug

"Shawn J. Goff" <shawn.goff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 10/25/2012 03:40 AM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>
>> Which IMHO points to the firmware implementation as the major
>> difference.
> Just to be sure: are you talking about the modem's firmware?

Yes

> After the failure happens, I can see from USB traces (and this is with
> an external USB sniffer) ARP requests going out and nothing coming in
> -
> so it seems like it's not a case of dropping URBs.

Does the modem respond to other packets than ARP? It is a point to point
link, and the ethernet header is just a dummy anyway, so you can turn
off ARP on the interface and test.

> At the point when
> things stall out, I don't see anything special happening - there's a
> large file that is downloading (lots of IN packets) that suddenly
> stops while the tty port keeps chatting normally. I can also provide a
> trace from the external sniffer if it's interesting, but here is a
> usbmon trace of the failure: http://sprunge.us/ORQE . The last
> incoming message from the wwan endpoint (2:8) is at 1555583640.

I may very well be wrong, but to me this looks like the modem just stops
responding for some reason.  I have no idea why.

Bjørn