Re: USB isochronous frame lost

Dear Alan,

thank you for your answer. I recorded the trace within the guest. Tonight, I record it for the host too in order to see, if that change happens.

Very best,

   Stefan May

Am 25.10.2012 17:01, schrieb Alan Stern:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, Stefan May wrote:

Dear USB-Developers,

I am having a strange Problem on Ubuntu Linux (11.10 and 12.04) using a
thermal camera (Cypress FX2 chip) in isochronous mode. The transmission
of data breaks with the error code -EPROTO. The curious thing is, that
it runs very well on the same distribution, when it is a VMWare guest
system. That means:
- Native Ubuntu Linux: Frequently USB isochronous frame lost (-71)
- Ubuntu Linux as VMWare guest on a Ubuntu Host!: No errors!

I changed cables, switched USB ports, added quirks ... no effect.

Below, I've attached traces from usbmon. Could someone give me a hint
what is going wrong there? Do you know with parameters have to be
respected on the firmware side? Below, I've attached lsusb output too.

For the second usbmon trace, did you collect the usbmon data from
within the guest or within the host?  It's quite possible that VMWare
is changing the error codes to 0s.  You could try collecting usbmon
traces in both the host and the guest simultaneously, for comparison.

Alan Stern