Large files/folders copying ends with I/O error in mass storage

While trying to copy some file(>400 MB) from PC to device in mass
storage mode,an I/O error is observed.

>From the bus trace, it is observed that vfs_sync() is taking a lot of
time when handing ALLOW_MEDIUM_REMOVAL.There is a similar problem
already discussed earlier,although with no concrete conclusion.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/53896

Even after ~15 secs, we don’t send the Status to PC for the
ALLOW_MEDIUM_REMOVAL command. Since the vfs_sync command has not
returned, USB driver is not sending the status.PC is sending the next
command as it has not received the status for the previous command,and
this messes up the state diagram.

Issue observed on kernel 3.4 with sandisk 2GB card.

Dees the current mass storage driver (f_mass_storage.c) support such a
scenario,if not what would be the appropriate solution?