RE: changing usbnet's API to better deal with cdc-ncm

The purpose of NCM is to reduce the amount of interrupts and the number
of DMA jobs that must be handled by the device. It is most efficient to
send and especially to receive NTBs of agreed size, padded if needed.

Misunderstanding of the reason why NCM protocol is doing aggregation
of several ETH frames into a single NTB leads to crippled implementation.
Look at NCM gadget, which is not really NCM device at all, it's kinda ECM
device with NCM framing.

The experience from early implementations and prototyping of NCM was that
using NCM with 4-8kB NTB increased max throughput in loop-mode by a factor
of 5-6 even 8-10 times compared to using ECM. One real-world example was
modem for 21+6Mbit/s what used 100% CPU with ECM responsible for approx. 40%
of the MIPS used. Using NCM instead CPU was only at approx. 65% utilization.
Which allowed multiple other functions to be added and significantly increased
the usability and value of the modem.

NCM efficiency is gained either by accessing TX queue of upper layer or
by using timer.

These findings were later confirmed by multiple major industry players
(names withheld), and demonstrated during multiple NCM interoperability
workshops using multiple device HW platforms, multiple operating systems
and multiple host HW ranging from Beagleboard to latest quad-core x86.

Until we do something with network device framework in order to get access
to upper layer Tx queue we need to utilize timer.

Regards,
Alexey