Re: When enabling usb autosuspend, new usb devices aren't recognized

Hi Alan,

> Do you mean that if you plug in a new USB device, nothing happens?
>
> Or do you mean that some USB devices which were present during boot
> don't get detected?

The first, when I plug in a new USB device.

> Are the undetected devices attached to a USB-2 port or a USB-3 port?

I can reproduce the bug on both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.

> What is the kernel version?

3.6-rc4, sorry it was in the bug report, but I forgot to mention it in
the email.

> Can you build a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled and then post the
> output from "dmesg" showing what happens during boot and after you
> turn the port back on manually?

Yes I will do this. I'll mail the result later.

Florian Merz