Re: loosing data on usb?

Dnia sobota, 1 września 2012 o 17:38:39 Alan Stern napisał(a):
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2012, Marek [iso-8859-2] Floria�czyk wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have two identical devices on usb (they are connected to bus 5 and bus
> > 3 and they have different serial numbers of course). Devices are
> > CKOZ-00/03 - Xcomfort gateway for controling house electric system. Both
> > of them work fine when connected together and when I'm sending commands
> > to them one by one. Problem appears when I send two commands (one after
> > another in loop) to both devices, which in turn are sending data to
> > remote actuator which in turn should reply with some data. In short
> > words it looks like my computer is loosing one reply from remote device.

> > So my questions are:
> > When I'm sniffing data  like this, is it still possible that kernel, or
> > module, or whatever is loosing data that I'm waiting for, and If so, how
> > can I produce more detailed debug.
>
> It's possible that data is getting lost, but it's pretty unlikely.  The
> only way to get more detailed debugging information is to use a USB bus
> analyzer.

HI,

You mean hardware device that is connected into the usb bus something like
this: http://www.fte.com/products/FTS4USB.aspx
Or do you mean some software that I can use on linux, if so could you please
recommend any, all I can find is for windows :(

> (It also wouldn't hurt to upgrade to a more recent kernel.  2.6.32 is
> getting kind of old.)
>
> > Or is it actually a proof that CKOZ devices connected to my computer are
> > not getting data from remote actuator in the first place?
>
> You could do more testing.  For example, run the same program but
> comment out the parts that talk to the device on bus 3.  Or plug the
> devices into each other's ports, or swap the serial numbers in the
> program.

I can send commands separately to each device, and then there is no problem.
Changing serial numbers won't work, application has class usb-manager that
during start creates objects MyUsb and each object is given device id vendor
id and serial number, to connect to CKOZ gateway.

I have tested this using libusb (every MyUsb object in separate thread) and
then hid-api (http://www.signal11.us/oss/hidapi/)
but results are the same.
Surely I can try upgrade kernel tommorow.

regards
Marek