Re: Kernel OOPS in usb_submit_urb in drivers/usb/core/urb.c

Maybe I read the kernel OOPS wrong. Was &ep->desc NULL or not?

It's hard to tell from the information in the oops.  You'd have to get
an assembly listing of usb_submit_urb() and figure out what source code
statement corresponds to offset 0x75 in the object code.

Why did you originally think the problem was in the usb_endpoint_type
function call?

I used gdb, I compile my own kernels so that was not hard. I just had to recompile that file with debug symbols (-g). It said the problems is in the usb_endpoint_type(const struct usb_endpoint_descriptor *epd)
inline function that only does epd->bmAttributes

Also when I added the check for a NULL &ep->desc just before the call to usb_endpoint_type I no longer got an OOPS, so that confirmed to me that &ep->desc is NULL
Maybe I can log the ep pointer, and something else in that case?

ps.
I'm not so experienced with C so I might mixed stuff up.

--
дамјан