[RFC 0/2] Fixing usb_wwan NULL pointer dereferencing

Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In fact, I would say that the three loops in stop_read_write_urbs() and
> usb_wwan_release() could be combined into a single loop that should run
> in the port_remove callback.

Maybe something like this would do?  It is based on usb-3.6-rc1, but will
also apply to the current linux-next (next-20120726).

I did not know exactly how to handle the suspend/resume issues, so I took
the absolute minimum approach to avoid Ooopsing if the device is suspended
when the module is unloaded.  This is split out in a separate patch. Should
probably be polished a bit.

And I could not entirely get rid of the stop_read_write_urbs() with its
loop over all ports, as it is used during suspend.  But I've moved it
inside the #ifdef CONFIG_PM.  Hopefully without breaking the build.  I
haven't built it without CONFIG_PM yet..

I've done a basic test of the option and qcserial drivers, and this seems
to do the job for me. The ipw driver is merely build tested.

Bjørn Mork (2):
  usb: usb_wwan: replace release and disconnect with a port_remove hook
  usb: usb_wwan: port may be gone on device resume

 drivers/usb/serial/ipw.c      |    3 +-
 drivers/usb/serial/option.c   |    4 +--
 drivers/usb/serial/qcserial.c |    5 +--
 drivers/usb/serial/usb-wwan.h |    3 +-
 drivers/usb/serial/usb_wwan.c |   66 +++++++++++++++++------------------------

1.7.2.5