Re: multi-phy generic patch (Add plan)

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 11:09:26AM +0530, ABRAHAM, KISHON VIJAY wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> You had already started working on a separate state machine for otg
> right? Can you share any (even intermediary/wip) patch to us?

No I don't have anything at the moment. If we only provide support for
OTG2 for now then it should be fairly fast to implement. I can test it
with Alexanders ChipIdea driver. From my original proposal
https://github.com/krohei/linux/commit/581381501da3c990a9a0446a949e53f01e312fd1
we can see that the state machine will be quite small. The only change
to that would be separating the actual state functions from the global
functions that call them, so we can more easily support different OTG
supplement versions.

I'll be away for the next four weeks, but after that, I'm hoping I can
put together first draft with ChipIdea support.

If we need to already consider USB3.0 then this will take more time. I
have only now started studying it, and I have no USB3.0 hw that I could
play with (I'm hoping I'll have something after August).

Thanks,

--
heikki