Re: [RFC 2/2] usb: gadget: composite: parse dt overrides

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Alexandre Pereira da Silva wrote:

> +		if (!iManufacturer)
> +			of_property_read_string(np, "manufacturer",
> +				&iManufacturer);
> +
> +		if (!iProduct)
> +			of_property_read_string(np, "product",
> +				&iProduct);
> +
> +		if (!iSerialNumber)
> +			of_property_read_string(np, "serial_number",
> +				&iSerialNumber);

Ugh!

Felipe, can we rename the iManufacturer, iProduct, and iSerialNumber
fields in struct usb_composite_driver to things that don't conflict
with the USB spec?  These things point to the actual strings, whereas
in the spec they are merely 8-bit index numbers.

For example, sManufacturer, sProduct, and sSerialNumber?

I realize these things are also the names of module parameters, which
you might not want to change.  But maybe the fields can be fixed even
if the module parameter names have to stay the same.

Alan Stern