Re: OMAP L138 with exar usb serial converter

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:34:15AM +0100, Aníbal Almeida Pinto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are using an board with a OMAP L138 with a exar xr21v141x [1], an
> usb to two serial port converter. The exar have drivers [2] for
> linux but aren't on mainline.
>
> We are having problems when using both ports at same time, the
> driver only receive the information from one port after the other
> was closed.
>
> On musb_core.c there are some information about problems with
> multipoint devices. The behaviour that we are seeing is due to this
> ?
>
> Any way of resolve this, being able to receive data from both ports
> when both are open ?
>
> We are having problems compiling the latest release of linux-davinci
> kernel with usb support, even usb 1.0 interface don't work. Any info
> about this ?

As you are stuck using their out-of-tree driver, I suggest you ask them
about this, as there's nothing we can really do here to help you out :(

Now we could take their driver and add it to the kernel tree, but that's
a more long-term solution, not something to help you out right now,
sorry.

greg k-h