Re: ehci_hcd / uvcvideo bug

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Ming Lei wrote:

> >> Also from the usbmon trace, all packets are completed with length of 12,
> >> which indicates that there aren't capture data at all.
> >
> > Maybe there wasn't supposed to be any. �Anyway, that's a separate
> > problem.
>
> It might be a result of mismatch between packet size and altsetting set
> into device.

No, that's not possible.  These are isochronous-IN transfers, which
means the device is not aware of the requested packet size.

> >> Maybe the irqsoff tracer can help troubleshoot it.
> >
> > What is the irqsoff tracer?
>
> Please see the section of "The Tracers" in Documentation/trace/ftrace.txt.

Thank you.  Yes, that would be a very good thing for the bug reporter
to try.

> Also considered that io_watchdog is disabled in intel ehci controller, is it
> possible there are no interrupts coming from ehci hardware?

It's possible but very unlikely.  Prior to the 52-ms gap, interrupts
arrived like clockwork every 4 ms.  Even if one got lost, the next
should have arrived with a gap of only 8 ms.

Alan Stern